Maddux's First Hair Cut

So I guess this week is a week for firsts in our family. Thursday Maddux got shots again, booo. He did ok, screamed like a stuck pig, but hello they give them 3 shots, it really sucks for them and they don't understand. It was harder on me this time than the last. But that wasn't our week of firsts that was just a side note. :) It started off on Friday Maddux ran his first real fever, 99.5, that's pretty high for the little guy who runs around 97.6! So that made me sad. But than Friday night we had our first bites of rice cereal. He took 2 bites then wouldn't open his mouth at all for anymore. In fact, he pursed his lips together and wouldn't open them until the bottle came! This could be a harder transition than I thought it would be! :) Then today, Saturday, he had his first hair cut. Yes at 4 months old he needed a hair cut. So we went to Cookie Cutters and they did AMAZING! They are a little pricey, $16.95 for a hair cut with a certificate is a little high but it was well worth it! He sat well for most of the cut although by the end he was DONE! The lady put a fo-hawk in his hair so it's super cute. So it was exciting as parents to go through both of these firsts. I know there are plenty more to come but these were exciting!!

We are doing pretty good. Things have been a bit hard lately with the holidays and trying to get back to being on a schedule. :( My friend Shari is very smart and said it must have been a man without kids that thought up changing the time (daylight savings, etc) and holidays. It has been pretty hard on our little man! Bright note though we have gotten real close to two couples in our Sunday School Class which is such a blessing!! Lately we have been feeling like we don't belong sometimes in our sunday school class. Nothing that they have done but just feeling out of place, which I'm sure everyone does at some points. We weren't considering leaving but were wanting and praying for some good solid relationships to really kinda start so that we can rely and be real with some people. And it happened. They are both real and loving couples who also like to have fun! They both have kids now, although one of them just had a baby, and so we can relate together too. They also accept us where we are and don't judge or scorn us for being us. It is such a relief and a blessing! It's hard to write here because I don't want people getting the wrong impression or hurt anyone's feelings but sometimes you just feel distances between people or when you know people really don't like you very much and Andy and I had started feeling that way (the devil Im sure) but since finding our friends it makes life easier and more rewarding. So that was an exciting development!

I guess that's really all right now. My resolutions for 2009, be a better wife, mom, get close to God again, loose weight, be more real and not hidden, and just enjoy this new part of life as a parent. Who knows where I will be in a year, maybe at the same weight, maybe not as good of wife or mother as I should be, but I will strive to make these things happen. Besides isn't that the idea of a resolution? Hope your New Year finds you happy, healthy and enjoying life.

Comments

Katie said…
I love reading your blog! I am so happy that you are making friends in your Sunday school class! That is so special! It is exciting that Maddux is having so many firsts! When Max turned 4 months I tried rice cereal and he didn't go for it either! So, I waited until 5 months and then he couldn't get enough! He will go for it when he was ready!! Thanks for posting! I miss you lots!!
secrowe said…
I'm so glad you found some special friends. Life can be lonely without people to connect with! Hope you're doing well!
Barr Family said…
Catrina: I totally didn't know you had a blog. I saw it on Katie's. Fun! I will add it to my list that I keep up with. Hope everything is good. One of these days, we really do need to get together.

Popular posts from this blog

Moment of Glory

Couponing