My baby is getting big

So my baby is getting big. He turned 3 months the 28th and although I am enjoying the 7-8 hours of sleep we are getting now (still not uninterupted) I miss those newborn snuggles. Why do they have to grow up so fast? It kinda sucks. Oh well. He is now grabbing things (mostly with his left hand) and kicking the crap out of everything! It's funny cause he concentrates so hard on kicking and than just goes to town. He is SO precious to us. Those days that I don't think I can be a mom anymore, because lack of sleep, selfishness, whatever, he just smiles or laughs at me and I realize I can do it. At least until his Daddy gets home and I get a break. Thanks Andy for giving me an hour to myself! :)

Things are good. Still struggling with expectations. With the holidays coming up everyone has their own expectations. It's hard to meet everyone's "needs" and still be a mommy and a wife. But I'm working on it. I will probably always work on it. My friend Shari told me today, your a peacekeeper, you don't like to let people down. That says it all. So I have put myself into some stress lately worrying about letting people down. Sigh, why does life and relationships have to be so hard sometimes?

The Thanksgiving break was nice. Maddux loves having his Daddy home. Today when Andy went back to work Maddux was looking for him. It was sweet!! But Im still the favorite! :) We had Thanksgiving with my family which is always nice. Just sat around and watched the kids and just enjoyed each other. Than we went the next day to my in-laws at least one half of them. That was STRESSFUL but oh well, it's over and done and Maddux got to see his other Aunt and Uncle. Which was nice! He sure does love both his Aunties! :)

I guess that's it. Maddux turned 3 months. He is starting to sleep more, THANK YOU GOD! If only he would sleep without waking up or thrashing about I think I would be a happy mommy. But I will take the 7-8 hours over 3! My friend Kate told me that Maddux was just waiting until Thanksgiving to sleep long because then we would have something to be extra thankful for, she was right. The first night he slept that long was the night before Thanksgiving. HA! Thanks Kate! :) Oh, and I got my Christmas tree up and my ornaments out and Andy put lights on our house. It's Christmas time!!! :) YAY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moment of Glory

Couponing

My baby is 2!