7 months and counting
So Maddux is 7 months now. Where did the time go? Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying where my son is now. He's sleeping, laughing, giggling, recognizing us, verbalizing, and just more mobile than he once was but where did my baby go? He is HUGE! Well 17lbs and something like 10oz. He is getting longer too, 26+ inches. He is outgrowing his baby carseat. Where has the time gone? I try everyday to relish in the stage he is in now, because I know it will be gone soon. Oh how sad to have our children grow up on us, but the alternative, I can't imagine, so I will happily take him growing up to him not growing at all!!
Maddux is becoming more mobile but not crawling. He is figuring out how to put his back legs up under him, but not very well. :) He rolls all around to get where he wants to but the lack of mobility really bugs him. He is such a first born child!! :) He is already independent and doesn't want me kissing all over him all the time. He likes to snuggle but only when HE's interested.... again, where did my baby go? :) He is sleeping for the most part pretty well. Lately he wakes up around 4:30am and wants a binki so I give it to him and he goes right back to sleep. I will say, our investment into the video monitor is PRICELESS!!! I love that thing. I leave it on at night and if I ever get concerned I just roll over and look at it and go back to sleep. LOVE IT! Worth the money!! Let me tell you! :) He had his 6 month shots yesterday. He has had to delay them because he has been sick. First with a croupy cough, then with a double ear-infection and the cough still. So yesterday we went to the Dr. and had all 3 shots done and he was a CHAMP! He cried for about 1 minute until I could pick him up then he was fine. AMAZING!!! I was shocked. And the Dr came in and said both ears are clear so YAY maybe we can get past the sicky stage. Hopefully. So, now we are back on schedule which is nice. I hated trying to figure out when I was going to reschedule his appointment for shots and Andy would have to go into work early so he could get off early so he could go, cause he didn't want me to have to go alone... Thank God it's done! :) Then Mommy and Daddy celebrated and went and got Sushi, hey we did a good job too! :)
So that's what Maddux has been up to. We have enjoyed a lot of family time over the last few weeks. I was taking Maddux to Story time at the Library but it wasn't very good so now our Monday's are devoted to going over to Aunty's house, which is Christina's house for the morning and part of the afternoon depending on the day. We go over and play with Maddie and Zach and it gives the kids some time with both of us and with each other. Then we either make lunch together or go to Luigi's pizza for lunch. I really look forward to this time with my sister each week. We are SO blessed to live so close and have children close to the same age. So why not spend that time together you know? We also went up to my Grandparent's house in Marshfield for Easter which was SO much fun. My Grandpa had surgery maybe a month or so ago, knee replacement so it's been hard on my Grandma having to care for him but I think we cheered her up by coming with all the kids. Maddie had an Easter egg hunt...the boys just wanted the Easter grass! :) It was just a nice day to be together! I am thankful for my family and the fact that Maddux get's to grow up knowing each of them! We plan on going to my Grandparents in Indiana this summer so my grandparents can meet Maddux. My Grandma Hofferth has cancer in her leg and can't travel very well so we want to go up and cheer them up soon. I am hoping it will go smoothly!
Andy is still working in Ozark at a computer company. Bringing home the bread and butter! :) He enjoys it on most days!! :) Christina and I are doing the Biggest Loser with some friends from Illinois and all over. I have been working out almost everyday for the past week and trying to eat better. I realize that my son deserves a mom who is fit and able to run around with him. I want him to be proud of me and say, that's my mom with pride. So I'm working VERY hard to loose all my baby weight along with the fat I had acquired over the past 8 years of marriage! :) It's hard work and I fail and struggle but I am CONSTANTLY rewarded after I work out and I feel that sense of accomplishment! It's been great doing it with my sister too. We encourage each other and help each other make good choices. It's been fun. The first week I lost 2.6lbs. Not bad!
I'll let you know as we go along. I bought the Biggest Loser DVD's, like their Cardo one and another one and then I bought Jillian's Shred DVD, I'm going to be hurting once those come in!!!
Wish me luck.
Well I need to upload some pictures while the baby is still sleeping. Thanks for reading this boring blog. :)
Maddux is becoming more mobile but not crawling. He is figuring out how to put his back legs up under him, but not very well. :) He rolls all around to get where he wants to but the lack of mobility really bugs him. He is such a first born child!! :) He is already independent and doesn't want me kissing all over him all the time. He likes to snuggle but only when HE's interested.... again, where did my baby go? :) He is sleeping for the most part pretty well. Lately he wakes up around 4:30am and wants a binki so I give it to him and he goes right back to sleep. I will say, our investment into the video monitor is PRICELESS!!! I love that thing. I leave it on at night and if I ever get concerned I just roll over and look at it and go back to sleep. LOVE IT! Worth the money!! Let me tell you! :) He had his 6 month shots yesterday. He has had to delay them because he has been sick. First with a croupy cough, then with a double ear-infection and the cough still. So yesterday we went to the Dr. and had all 3 shots done and he was a CHAMP! He cried for about 1 minute until I could pick him up then he was fine. AMAZING!!! I was shocked. And the Dr came in and said both ears are clear so YAY maybe we can get past the sicky stage. Hopefully. So, now we are back on schedule which is nice. I hated trying to figure out when I was going to reschedule his appointment for shots and Andy would have to go into work early so he could get off early so he could go, cause he didn't want me to have to go alone... Thank God it's done! :) Then Mommy and Daddy celebrated and went and got Sushi, hey we did a good job too! :)
So that's what Maddux has been up to. We have enjoyed a lot of family time over the last few weeks. I was taking Maddux to Story time at the Library but it wasn't very good so now our Monday's are devoted to going over to Aunty's house, which is Christina's house for the morning and part of the afternoon depending on the day. We go over and play with Maddie and Zach and it gives the kids some time with both of us and with each other. Then we either make lunch together or go to Luigi's pizza for lunch. I really look forward to this time with my sister each week. We are SO blessed to live so close and have children close to the same age. So why not spend that time together you know? We also went up to my Grandparent's house in Marshfield for Easter which was SO much fun. My Grandpa had surgery maybe a month or so ago, knee replacement so it's been hard on my Grandma having to care for him but I think we cheered her up by coming with all the kids. Maddie had an Easter egg hunt...the boys just wanted the Easter grass! :) It was just a nice day to be together! I am thankful for my family and the fact that Maddux get's to grow up knowing each of them! We plan on going to my Grandparents in Indiana this summer so my grandparents can meet Maddux. My Grandma Hofferth has cancer in her leg and can't travel very well so we want to go up and cheer them up soon. I am hoping it will go smoothly!
Andy is still working in Ozark at a computer company. Bringing home the bread and butter! :) He enjoys it on most days!! :) Christina and I are doing the Biggest Loser with some friends from Illinois and all over. I have been working out almost everyday for the past week and trying to eat better. I realize that my son deserves a mom who is fit and able to run around with him. I want him to be proud of me and say, that's my mom with pride. So I'm working VERY hard to loose all my baby weight along with the fat I had acquired over the past 8 years of marriage! :) It's hard work and I fail and struggle but I am CONSTANTLY rewarded after I work out and I feel that sense of accomplishment! It's been great doing it with my sister too. We encourage each other and help each other make good choices. It's been fun. The first week I lost 2.6lbs. Not bad!
I'll let you know as we go along. I bought the Biggest Loser DVD's, like their Cardo one and another one and then I bought Jillian's Shred DVD, I'm going to be hurting once those come in!!!
Wish me luck.
Well I need to upload some pictures while the baby is still sleeping. Thanks for reading this boring blog. :)
Comments