New Adventures

So our lives are becoming more adventurous these days. It starts of course with Maddux. He is not quite mobile in the most truest of sense but he is rolling over to move where he wants. He wants to crawl SO bad but can't seem to get the feet and arms up at the same time. He can do one at a time but not together. Which I'm ok with. My life will be even more "adventurous" once he begins that next stage! He will be 9 months on the 28th of this month and I can hardly believe that. Where did my baby go? I enjoy this stage but I miss those baby cuddles. Now cuddles are interrupted by Maddux trying to twist his way out of your arms. He is SO active. This scares me for the future! I have a feeling he will be on the go all the time. JOY! :) He is the most precious child. I am ever so grateful for him everyday, even on the days that are ruff which have been a few lately. He's teething.... He has two teeth on the bottom front. So he's a drooling monkey and grumpy all at the same time. But even that is a joy. I can't believe what a miracle he is!

Our next adventure together as a family is were going on a mini-vacation. We are going to St. Louis area to visit our good friends Chris and Kate and really to just get away as a family, they are just the perk! :) We are staying at a nice hotel and going to the Zoo, weather permitting. I am TOTALLY excited about it and totally nervous! Anytime you change a baby's schedule, especially my baby, it doesn't go so well. So I'm anxious to see how Maddux handles it! We got a suite so maybe, no hopefully, that will help with the routines. It will be just nice to be away as a family.

I also am on an adventure of my own making. I am trying HARD to lose weight. I workout everyday and am making better choices on my food. Although not everyday I succeed in making better choices or working out I am doing my best which I think is the only thing I can expect from myself. It is proving a huge challenge! When I was in college the weight just dropped off once I started running or walking a lot without changing my eating patterns. Now I work my rear end off and watch what I eat and I'm only losing 1-2lbs a week. But I'm sure it's cause I'm 30 now. But whatever the reason it is disheartening sometimes, no a lot of times! But I am sticking with it! I want to be healthy for my son. I want him to be proud of the way I look and be happy that I can play with him. Obesity runs in my family and I want to stop it here!!! It's nice that I have my sister to help me along the way. She is my constant support and encourager. I am SO lucky to have her!!! She is also losing weight and looking amazing!

So other than that nothing has really changed since the last post. We are enjoying being parents and also trying to be positive when the hard parts of parenting and marriage arise.

So that's it!

Comments

Christina said…
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU for how hard you are working to lose weight!! I can ALREADY see a difference in you, both, in your body and your mind! You are SUCH an AWESOME mommy to Maddux, he loves you so much!!! I am very proud of you for exactly who you are!! I love you!!
C and K said…
Catrina you are amazing. Keep plugging along, someday Maddux will look up at you and that you for doing everything you have to be such an active part of his life. You are inspiring. xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Moment of Glory

Couponing

My baby is 2!