Death

So for those of you who don't know my Grandma passed away on the 21st of July at 3:38 am in the morning, on my 8 year wedding anniversary. She passed away at home surrounded by some of my family. So Andy and I loaded Maddux up again and headed out to Indiana on Wednesday the 22nd. The funeral was the 23rd and we stayed until the 25th then headed home. It was an emotionally draining/physically draining week. Maddux is VERY intune with others feelings and he was off kilter all the time we were there. I don't know if he could tell people were upset or what but he didn't sleep hardly at all and wanted only to be a Daddy's boy. :(

I'm not sure what to write about this situation. I'm not good at sharing such deep feelings. I am beyond sad because it was my Grandma, angry of the way my extended family is handling it, and yet at peace cause I know she's not hurting anymore. So we are trying to just make it day to day at this moment and remembering good memories. I am glad that Maddux got to meet her and before we left my Grandpa told me how much my Grandma appreciated us coming up and how much she had loved me. I will never understand death and I don't think I am ever going to. We weren't designed for death so that's why it hurts so badly.

Anyhoo, we are getting ready for Maddux's 1st birthday party on the 29th of August. Which I can't believe he is almost 1. Where did the time go?

I hope you and yours are safe and happy. I just want to say to my Grandma I love you and I will NEVER forget you. Thank you for being wise, funny and loving me. You will be missed!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moment of Glory

Couponing

Maddux's First Hair Cut