Our Many Travels
So the beginning of July began with us taking a much needed and important trip to Indiana to visit my Grandparents. My Grandmother is VERY ill and wanted to meet her Great-Grandson Maddux, so Andy and I decided we should take the time and money and go see them. We were originally suppose to leave on Thursday but got news that she was not doing well so we hurry up and packed and left late Wednesday night. We hightailed it to Effingham, Illinois and spent the night there then drove the rest of the way the following day. On the way up Maddux did great! Time in Indiana was a true blessing!!! My grandparents live on a farm and life is just so different on a farm. Time is made for family, not TV or computers. We went outside and played catch with my cousin and didn't think about the time. And let me tell you, we were bushed everynight but felt very much at peace up there. There is something relaxing/Holy/refreshing about farm land. My Grandma SO enjoyed Maddux and he loved them. He even got to ride on his Great-Grandpa's 4-wheeler. It was a TRUE blessing to be able to serve them some by bringing food and ourselves but also they blessed us by the feelings of coming home.
We left Indiana on Sunday early afternoon and drove to Chicago for a day and a half of fun. We should have spent more time!! :) We went to Navy Pier...BORING! :) Ate there because we were starving and didn't want to pay for parking again, we payed $24 just to park there.... yes I know, it was robbery!! Then on Monday we went to a Wal-Mart type place to stock up on some Cubs gear, then headed to Wrigley Field. Everytime I go to that ballpark I am just amazed at the history!! The people that have walked through those gates, who have played on that field...it's really amazing when you are there, seeing it in person! Maddux got to see Wrigley and we got to take pictures with him and us in front of it, and then we again got some Cubs gear. :) Can't find good Cubs stuff in Springfield so we had to take the opportunity to get some good deals without paying shipping. Then like morons we headed out to Lincoln Park Zoo..which wasn't that great of a zoo. The St Louis zoo is laid out MUCH better!! We spent about 2 1/2 hours there and payed $14 for parking, then headed home with a quick stop at the Leesman's home in Bloomington for some dinner, which was SO appreciated!!! We FINALLY made it home around 2:30 in the morning and went to bed at 3:30. Maddux slept until 7:30 but then after a bottle went back to sleep until 9 but seriously I have been dead on my feet ALL week!!!!!
Maddux surprised and delighted us with his traveling ability! He did AMAZING and really seemed to enjoy moving around to other places and having people fawn over him. :) He even slept really good in his pack 'n play. So it was a wonderful trip as a family. Our first out of state trip with a baby, and yes I did pack the kitchen sink!!! :) Thank God we have a mini-van is all I'm saying. :)
My Grandma is doing a little better but only time will tell. She has been diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in her lung and her lung is filling with fluids which makes it difficult to breathe so she is on oxygen. I keep talking to God and asking Him to heal her, but I have the confidence in knowing He may not heal her on this earth but she will be healed one way or another!!!
Hope you all are doing well!! We are going to try to lay low for awhile and just enjoy our family here and our home and own beds!!!!! :)
We left Indiana on Sunday early afternoon and drove to Chicago for a day and a half of fun. We should have spent more time!! :) We went to Navy Pier...BORING! :) Ate there because we were starving and didn't want to pay for parking again, we payed $24 just to park there.... yes I know, it was robbery!! Then on Monday we went to a Wal-Mart type place to stock up on some Cubs gear, then headed to Wrigley Field. Everytime I go to that ballpark I am just amazed at the history!! The people that have walked through those gates, who have played on that field...it's really amazing when you are there, seeing it in person! Maddux got to see Wrigley and we got to take pictures with him and us in front of it, and then we again got some Cubs gear. :) Can't find good Cubs stuff in Springfield so we had to take the opportunity to get some good deals without paying shipping. Then like morons we headed out to Lincoln Park Zoo..which wasn't that great of a zoo. The St Louis zoo is laid out MUCH better!! We spent about 2 1/2 hours there and payed $14 for parking, then headed home with a quick stop at the Leesman's home in Bloomington for some dinner, which was SO appreciated!!! We FINALLY made it home around 2:30 in the morning and went to bed at 3:30. Maddux slept until 7:30 but then after a bottle went back to sleep until 9 but seriously I have been dead on my feet ALL week!!!!!
Maddux surprised and delighted us with his traveling ability! He did AMAZING and really seemed to enjoy moving around to other places and having people fawn over him. :) He even slept really good in his pack 'n play. So it was a wonderful trip as a family. Our first out of state trip with a baby, and yes I did pack the kitchen sink!!! :) Thank God we have a mini-van is all I'm saying. :)
My Grandma is doing a little better but only time will tell. She has been diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in her lung and her lung is filling with fluids which makes it difficult to breathe so she is on oxygen. I keep talking to God and asking Him to heal her, but I have the confidence in knowing He may not heal her on this earth but she will be healed one way or another!!!
Hope you all are doing well!! We are going to try to lay low for awhile and just enjoy our family here and our home and own beds!!!!! :)
Comments