Climbing???
So it's official, I HAVE A BOY. :) Now I have always known, of course, that I had produced a boy (with some help from Andy of course) but until this past month I hadn't realized how much of a boy I had. My boy has always displayed certain boy traits, such as a boob fetish. He wasn't breastfed and yet he loves to poke and giggle at my boobs should he ever see them accidently. But recently my boy has began to cruise. And while cruising he has decided, hmmm..... I LOVE to climb. And so he does. ON EVERYTHING. Last week Andy was letting him crawl in our kitchen and by the window and Maddux decided that he would pull up on our child sized picnic table. As parents we whoops and hollar and give abundant praise, until he decides that pulling up isn't all that great. He wants ON TOP of the picnic table. So he proceeds to pull with all his might and climbs, his first time trying, to the top of the picnic table. My husband cheers with support while I begin to feel whoozy and realize my sweet home is going to be a jungle gym now. So the last two or so weeks my son has proceeded to climb onto everything he can. I ran to the bathroom the other day (like we all must do) and for once he didn't follow me, which was kinda nice until I come back to the living room and find him climbing my great-great grandfather's bookshelf that houses our DVD player, our DVR and some kids books and Cd's. He is by the way already on the second shelf at this time. So I run, sprint actually, to him and pluck him from the shelves. All the while trying to figure out a new way of redirecting him so he wont be so interested in it anymore. He tries to climb us, to be able to see outside and the "pup-pup's" and if you say "NO" he starts to throw a fit. OH THE JOY OF PARENTING.
So needless to say my life has been crazy as of late. Trying to keep myself calm because my almost 13 month old is becoming a boy. :)
So needless to say my life has been crazy as of late. Trying to keep myself calm because my almost 13 month old is becoming a boy. :)
Comments