Feeling Frustrated

So I'm sitting here in my usual place at naptime, THANK GOD, and feeling frustrated at my life. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a Mommy. I love being a wife, daughter, grand-daughter, sister, sister-in-law....you get the picture. But I feel so empty right now. This year has been a trying year for me. Learning about my failures, my weaknesses, my triumphs as a mother and wife. But I have lost me. I know this happens for thousands if not millions of women who quit their jobs or even don't quit, become mothers and that becomes their lives. I realize now as I'm looking back on my 29 years before baby that I got my self-worth from my husband, my family, and my teaching. I relished in the fact that parents wanted ME to teach their kids and if they didn't get me they were disappointed. They would go to the director and demand their kid be in my class. What a HUGE vote of confidence and loyalty. WOW. I realize I got my self-worth from that. Now that I am not teaching, and not having parents flock to me, I feel that I have lost who I am. I am not sure where to find me these days. I know I'm a good Mom, I try really hard. And I'm a good cook...I just made homemade whole wheat bread for my family last week (3 loaves) and I was really proud of that. I'm not always a good wife, but honestly I'm not too worried about that. :) But I've lost the Catrina who I knew. I don't know where she is or how to find her or really how to reinvent her. So I'm struggling today with myself. I don't have many friends, some of my choosing, some of other's choosing. I have a few who demand so much from me that I feel sucked dry. Add to that being a full-time Mommy and wife of a man who I am struggling with finding stuff in common with right now, and I feel emotionally and physically drained! I am not sure how to get out of this, how to emerge from it. I feel the need to get out, get around people, but our money is tight and I KNOW if I go somewhere like Target, I will spend money. :) I am just feeling down and lost right now. Don't get me wrong, I ADORE my son and husband. I LOVE the fact that I am able to stay home and provide my son with a loving home where he can play, sleep and just be in his own home. I am not complaining, or meaning to, about that. I am VERY fortunate. I'm just feeling lost and drained and wishing I knew how to snap out of it.

Maddux is doing good. Almost 13 months old. I can't believe it. He is pulling up on EVERYTHING these days and climbing on everything as well. We call him our little monkey cause seriously that's what he is. :) Life as a whole is good.

Catrina

Comments

C and K said…
Us too! Joshua is our little monkey. Catrina, I want you to know I COMPLETELY understand. I felt like I was reading my diary when I read your blog. Call me if you want to talk, you are not alone, and your feeling are important. Having a baby changes EVERYTHING and its okay to look at those changes and see changes in yourself. I love you and miss you. We need to set up a girl date-you come here, or I come there-soon. xoxo
Kate

Popular posts from this blog

Moment of Glory

Couponing

My baby is 2!