Seasons
So lately a lot of my friends have been talking about seasons in our lives. I enjoy talking about this because it reminds me to take each moment because it is fleeting. I LOVE seasons. I love the way the air smells in the fall, like crisp leaves. I love the way the winter smells and looks. Everything so fresh and clean. I also love the way that spring smells, feels and represents. I love it when the air starts to get warmer, the rain makes everything green and bloom. Really I'm not a huge fan of summer, too hot, but I enjoy the way the heat feels on my skin while I'm in the pool. :) Seasons represent so much change, for better and for worse. I am learning that in my own life right now. Maddux is a growing, healthy, active 19 month old and I enjoy him walking and running. I love that he is more independant and is becoming more verbal. What I don't enjoy is the defiance and the strong willed nature my sweet little innocent boy presents at times. While we are at home I handle it a lot better then when we are out in public. Today Maddux decided to throw a holy fit in the middle of Qudoba. By the end of the lunch I was frazzled and yearning for home and naptime. But just like after the hot weather of summer and all the sweat and miserableness that it brings, I know that fall is right around the corner. I KNOW that the next season will bring with it new struggles, new triumps and more failures on my part and on Maddux's part as well. I am SO thankful I am home to see these seasons, for good or bad. And I KNOW some day I will look back on this time and miss it. I will miss the unsteady walk, the falling down when he's tired, the crying fits, the slapping, and the sweet way he says "hi". So although today my season wasn't pleasant, I'm glad I'm weathering it!
Comments