Easter- from a new perspective
So I love youtube. I can't help it. I go on and see all these old school videos and new videos and they intrigue me, except when they aren't by the artists themselves, then they frustrated me with their cheesiness. Except for one. Our church was bringing Mark Shultz along with Point of Grace for a concert and I wanted to know what Mark Shultz had done, realizing that I probably HAD sung his songs at one time but couldn't place them. So I typed in his name and up popped "He's my Son" with a video from "The Passion". Well first let me say, I LOVE this song, and I DID know it. :) But I have never seen "The Passion" and really I don't care to see it. Why? It's SO violent. I know it would probably make me see things in another light but I HATE violence it gives me nightmares so I opt not to see it. But I clicked on the video and was shocked by what I saw. Not the violence so much, but from the perspective of Mary, Jesus' mother. Now I have heard the story of the Crucifixion since I was tiny, so much that sometimes I think I become immune to it. But this story was one that I had never considered and frankly, never thought to consider. But now as a mother of a son I suddenly put myself in Mary's shoes and it devastated me!!!! The video is AMAZING and shows the love that Mary had for Jesus (as I have for my son) and the love that Jesus had for his Mother. Do we ever really stop and think about that? I don't. I guess I put Jesus up on a pedestal (and I should to some degree) and I think that He is God why and how could He understand my human feelings. Yes I know He was human but not like me. But this video made me really stop and think. He would have loved his Mom the way that I love mine. He would have wanted to please her, and his earthly Dad, just like I do. He must have really thought about the pain He knew he would inflict on his Mom when he was crucified. The video shows Mary standing and watching while Jesus endured his horrible ordeal and I think. I would have to. He's MY son. I wonder if Jesus felt some comfort from her being there, I imagine He would. We know that Mary was there when Jesus took His last breaths, I wonder what she felt seeing the son that she birthed, raised and loved dying like a criminal. The video also shows her holding Jesus after He's off the cross like a child, I would have done the same. He was HER baby, even if He was in his 30's. It brought the entire Easter meaning to light for me again. It made me see the pain (not only Jesus') behind it from a different standpoint. I am SO grateful that Jesus made this sacrifice for me. I don't fully understand why, and I wont until I get to Heaven, I think it's not possible for the human mind to grasp the why; but I'm thankful. And I hurt for Mary and what she went through. I honestly think they would have had to tie me down or something to keep me from tearing those guards apart. You don't mess with a Mama Bear!! :) Anyway, I was so touched by the video and the human side of Jesus and Mary, it made me rethink Easter.
Tomorrow (Easter) my family is planning on attending the Sunrise service at the ball park, and I'm excited!! If you know me then you know I HATE getting up early, I NEED my sleep. But the idea of welcoming in the sunrise, united as a group of Christians, all denominations, all races, with the sound of trumpets thrills me.
So I hope your Easters are uplifting and fun, but I also hope you take a moment to watch that video. It will change your entire perspective, it did mine!!!
Tomorrow (Easter) my family is planning on attending the Sunrise service at the ball park, and I'm excited!! If you know me then you know I HATE getting up early, I NEED my sleep. But the idea of welcoming in the sunrise, united as a group of Christians, all denominations, all races, with the sound of trumpets thrills me.
So I hope your Easters are uplifting and fun, but I also hope you take a moment to watch that video. It will change your entire perspective, it did mine!!!
Comments