"Change of Lifestyle"
"Change of lifestyle" that's what my sister calls a diet, and she's right. Over the last 9 years I have let things get in the way of keeping myself healthy. I could point fingers and lay blame for my weight but when it comes down to it, I am responsible for me. I have allowed myself to gain 100 lbs more than I should. Let me tell you it's awful to write/type that here where it is so public but I need to be honest. If I'm not honest this "change of lifestyle" wont ever work. So I am on a journey to lose that 100 pounds.
This is a scary journey but also an exciting one. I want and need to be here for my son. If I keep allowing food to control me then I will be a fat blob who can't do anything with their child. I don't want to be that, so I'm changing. I'm taking the bull by the horns and doing it!!! :) So what am I doing you ask, well it's really quite simple. I'm cutting my calories.
I have a Biggest Loser cookbook (which is ok) and they said to take your weight (which I WONT post) and multiple by 7 and that's how many calories you need to lose weight. Well I am keeping at or below that number and it's working!!! I have lost 3 lbs in one week, which I think is AMAZING, especially since I had Birthday cake (which was so yummy) at my nieces 3rd Birthday party and still lost weight. But I've figured out how to get more calories in without gaining back those 3 lbs; I keep my breakfast and lunch numbers low, (between 200-300) calories then I work out and have sensable snacks and I have more calories to work with in the evening. It's not easy, but it's worth it!!!
I would love any encouragement, tips and prayers that you may have time for. This isn't going to be a walk in the park or something that happens overnight. But I know it's worth it in the long run. I have always enjoyed running and my goal is to do a 5K, then a half marathon and eventually a full marathon someday. I want my son to learn from me. Learn healthy ways and not have to deal with the overweight issues that I have to. He will only learn from me!
So that's my "change of lifestyle". :)
This is a scary journey but also an exciting one. I want and need to be here for my son. If I keep allowing food to control me then I will be a fat blob who can't do anything with their child. I don't want to be that, so I'm changing. I'm taking the bull by the horns and doing it!!! :) So what am I doing you ask, well it's really quite simple. I'm cutting my calories.
I have a Biggest Loser cookbook (which is ok) and they said to take your weight (which I WONT post) and multiple by 7 and that's how many calories you need to lose weight. Well I am keeping at or below that number and it's working!!! I have lost 3 lbs in one week, which I think is AMAZING, especially since I had Birthday cake (which was so yummy) at my nieces 3rd Birthday party and still lost weight. But I've figured out how to get more calories in without gaining back those 3 lbs; I keep my breakfast and lunch numbers low, (between 200-300) calories then I work out and have sensable snacks and I have more calories to work with in the evening. It's not easy, but it's worth it!!!
I would love any encouragement, tips and prayers that you may have time for. This isn't going to be a walk in the park or something that happens overnight. But I know it's worth it in the long run. I have always enjoyed running and my goal is to do a 5K, then a half marathon and eventually a full marathon someday. I want my son to learn from me. Learn healthy ways and not have to deal with the overweight issues that I have to. He will only learn from me!
So that's my "change of lifestyle". :)
Comments