New Stuff
Well lately I've had some new stuff to blog about so I'm going to blog. :)
First stuff first, NO I'm not pregnant! :) Had to get that out of the way. My son has an allergic reaction to peanuts, especially peanut butter. While Andy and I have found this out the hard way in the past (he breaks out in blisters when it comes into contact with him) we found out today it's something to be very careful about. We are lucky that Maddux's outbreaks haven't been severe, yet. Today he came into contact, some how, we aren't 100% sure, with some sort of peanut product and rubbed his eye. His eye became very swollen and had small blisters around it, his typical reaction. So I called the Pediatrican to just make sure he was ok and that I could give him Benedryll. They are calling us in on Thursday for an epi pen consultation. We will get a pen and be trained in it. They said that peanut allergies have a way of getting bad very fast and it's important for him to have one just in case. Now I'm not worried about the epi pen. Being a preschool teacher I have had to watch the videos, handle and carry kid's epi pens, so that doesn't scare me. It's the fact that I HAVE to carry one that is shocking to me. I never thought I would be THAT Mom. The Mom with the kid who can't have peanut butter. I mean HELLO, what kid can't have yummy peanut butter.....mine. Also I have to be VERY careful about who is around him eating it, touching it, etc. Never thought I would have to do that. So while I'm not scared of the pen, I'm actually very greatful for it because it can save my son's life if need be, I'm living in a bit of shock of what that might mean for my entire family! We will have Maddux tested on everything when he turns 2 to see at what degree he is allergic and where to go from there. New and somewhat scary stuff for our family!!
Second, I'm on a diet....or as my sister says "a change of lifestyle". :) It's needed to happen for a LONG time. I've watched my weight creep up since I got married and then when I got pregnant and added 60 lbs to my already heavy size I feel like a fat balloon. So now I feel that I need to do something to change that. I have reasons for my weight gain and reason for why it wont be easy to lose it.... but I'm going to try my hardest to get in shape and get healthy for my son. Right now I'm writing down everything I eat and getting aerobic exercise in as much as I can. Today it was JumpMania...which doesn't sound like a workout but TRUST ME, when you have an almost 2 year old who thinks he can keep up with the big kids, then gets stuck and you have to go in after him and climb up and down and all around in those stupid jump things, it's a workout! :) Tomorrow it will be my eleptical and I'm thinking of joining a gym...depending on money. I have to start making more time for myself. I hate that because it sounds so selfish but if I don't I wont be able to participate in Maddux's life. So the change starts today..... but let me tell you yesterday I DID have Chinese. :) Had to get it in before this..lifestyle change. :) Any advice, helpful hints and recipes please send them my way.
And last but certainly not least is my thoughts and feelings about being authentic. I think I have always tried to be authentic and real but I have realized lately that God created me to be me. He created this imperfect body, this too sensitive heart, this at times firey temper and it's a good thing to be real and be me, no matter what people say. I grow SO tired of people who say they are authentic Christians only to judge, say hurtful things, and manipulate others. Yes I realize we are all humans and yes I do all these things too, but I don't want to fake it. I don't want to fake be your friend, or fake be nice, just so you wont talk behind my back. No I want to be me, regardless of what others think, me. I'm going to be loud, rude at times (I like to burp, sorry Mom), funny, hurt, indecisive, run away from conflict, shy, crazy and loveable at some time in the near future. I think it's ok for me to be those things and to wear them with pride because that's who God created me to be. I have been torn up about Captain Phill Harris from Deadliest Catch, a show on Discovey Channel, dying these past few weeks. To the point of tears because I just don't understand why God would take him from his family and friends who need and love him. (By the way, I think it's TOTALLY ok to question God, hello he made us) But I have been embarrassed sometimes to shed those tears or talk about how much it hurts me that he died because people make fun of me; they also made fun of me when Steve Irwin died. Andy the other day looked at me and said why do you fight your feelings about this? God created you to feel like this and it's a beautiful thing. Empathy isn't something that can be taught, it's God given so why do you shy away from it? It stopped me in my tracks. I shouldn't run from it. I shouldn't be embarrassed of who I am! I am who God created me to be. So now I'm trying to be more authentic. To be who I was created to be; whether people like it or not. I know I will get my feelings hurt, I know I will care that others are talking behind my back, but I'm going to try my best to realize that it's not THEM whose opinion matters. It's my husband, my son and most of all my God that's opinion matters. :)
So that's what's new in my life today. :)
First stuff first, NO I'm not pregnant! :) Had to get that out of the way. My son has an allergic reaction to peanuts, especially peanut butter. While Andy and I have found this out the hard way in the past (he breaks out in blisters when it comes into contact with him) we found out today it's something to be very careful about. We are lucky that Maddux's outbreaks haven't been severe, yet. Today he came into contact, some how, we aren't 100% sure, with some sort of peanut product and rubbed his eye. His eye became very swollen and had small blisters around it, his typical reaction. So I called the Pediatrican to just make sure he was ok and that I could give him Benedryll. They are calling us in on Thursday for an epi pen consultation. We will get a pen and be trained in it. They said that peanut allergies have a way of getting bad very fast and it's important for him to have one just in case. Now I'm not worried about the epi pen. Being a preschool teacher I have had to watch the videos, handle and carry kid's epi pens, so that doesn't scare me. It's the fact that I HAVE to carry one that is shocking to me. I never thought I would be THAT Mom. The Mom with the kid who can't have peanut butter. I mean HELLO, what kid can't have yummy peanut butter.....mine. Also I have to be VERY careful about who is around him eating it, touching it, etc. Never thought I would have to do that. So while I'm not scared of the pen, I'm actually very greatful for it because it can save my son's life if need be, I'm living in a bit of shock of what that might mean for my entire family! We will have Maddux tested on everything when he turns 2 to see at what degree he is allergic and where to go from there. New and somewhat scary stuff for our family!!
Second, I'm on a diet....or as my sister says "a change of lifestyle". :) It's needed to happen for a LONG time. I've watched my weight creep up since I got married and then when I got pregnant and added 60 lbs to my already heavy size I feel like a fat balloon. So now I feel that I need to do something to change that. I have reasons for my weight gain and reason for why it wont be easy to lose it.... but I'm going to try my hardest to get in shape and get healthy for my son. Right now I'm writing down everything I eat and getting aerobic exercise in as much as I can. Today it was JumpMania...which doesn't sound like a workout but TRUST ME, when you have an almost 2 year old who thinks he can keep up with the big kids, then gets stuck and you have to go in after him and climb up and down and all around in those stupid jump things, it's a workout! :) Tomorrow it will be my eleptical and I'm thinking of joining a gym...depending on money. I have to start making more time for myself. I hate that because it sounds so selfish but if I don't I wont be able to participate in Maddux's life. So the change starts today..... but let me tell you yesterday I DID have Chinese. :) Had to get it in before this..lifestyle change. :) Any advice, helpful hints and recipes please send them my way.
And last but certainly not least is my thoughts and feelings about being authentic. I think I have always tried to be authentic and real but I have realized lately that God created me to be me. He created this imperfect body, this too sensitive heart, this at times firey temper and it's a good thing to be real and be me, no matter what people say. I grow SO tired of people who say they are authentic Christians only to judge, say hurtful things, and manipulate others. Yes I realize we are all humans and yes I do all these things too, but I don't want to fake it. I don't want to fake be your friend, or fake be nice, just so you wont talk behind my back. No I want to be me, regardless of what others think, me. I'm going to be loud, rude at times (I like to burp, sorry Mom), funny, hurt, indecisive, run away from conflict, shy, crazy and loveable at some time in the near future. I think it's ok for me to be those things and to wear them with pride because that's who God created me to be. I have been torn up about Captain Phill Harris from Deadliest Catch, a show on Discovey Channel, dying these past few weeks. To the point of tears because I just don't understand why God would take him from his family and friends who need and love him. (By the way, I think it's TOTALLY ok to question God, hello he made us) But I have been embarrassed sometimes to shed those tears or talk about how much it hurts me that he died because people make fun of me; they also made fun of me when Steve Irwin died. Andy the other day looked at me and said why do you fight your feelings about this? God created you to feel like this and it's a beautiful thing. Empathy isn't something that can be taught, it's God given so why do you shy away from it? It stopped me in my tracks. I shouldn't run from it. I shouldn't be embarrassed of who I am! I am who God created me to be. So now I'm trying to be more authentic. To be who I was created to be; whether people like it or not. I know I will get my feelings hurt, I know I will care that others are talking behind my back, but I'm going to try my best to realize that it's not THEM whose opinion matters. It's my husband, my son and most of all my God that's opinion matters. :)
So that's what's new in my life today. :)
Comments