New Church?
Well a few things to mention that are "new" for the Steinmann family. First on my weight loss journey I have lost 13 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm SO excited about it!! I'm on track and can't wait to see how many more I can lose!! :)
Second, about 2-3 weeks ago we received some sad news that our pastor from church was let go. So Andy and I began questioning our membership there. So we began just trying new places and seeking God out for guidance. We visited Northside Christian Church and loved it. The only problem was location, it would be hard to be involved, especially as Maddux grew older. A friend of ours invited us to James River Assembly. We decided to "give it a try" thinking that there is NO WAY that we would end up there.. So we went, and guess what? We loved it! There are aspects that we want to know more about but their children's ministry is AMAZING!!! And really when I'm honest to myself that is the most important thing for me. I am a Christian. When I die I know where I'm going. I feel my job now is to get Maddux there too. I only have a short amount of time with him on this earth I want to make sure I give him every chance to spend eternity with me. So while we aren't placing membership or anything, we are excited to see where God might be steering us. We are still praying about it and seeking His plan, but feel a pull there. It's a HUGE church which I am not used to and it's Assembly of God which I am VERY not used too. But I'm asking God to direct me and not trying to direct myself. :) We are excited about what God might be doing and where HE might place us. Please keep us in your prayers as we consider each church and pray that my family will find a home church. :)
So that's what's new. Oh and my son is about to turn 2....where did the time go. I love him SO much and I'm greatful he's growing but I miss that little helpless baby. :)
That's all!! :) Moving into a new weight (yippee) and maybe a new church! God is good!! :)
Second, about 2-3 weeks ago we received some sad news that our pastor from church was let go. So Andy and I began questioning our membership there. So we began just trying new places and seeking God out for guidance. We visited Northside Christian Church and loved it. The only problem was location, it would be hard to be involved, especially as Maddux grew older. A friend of ours invited us to James River Assembly. We decided to "give it a try" thinking that there is NO WAY that we would end up there.. So we went, and guess what? We loved it! There are aspects that we want to know more about but their children's ministry is AMAZING!!! And really when I'm honest to myself that is the most important thing for me. I am a Christian. When I die I know where I'm going. I feel my job now is to get Maddux there too. I only have a short amount of time with him on this earth I want to make sure I give him every chance to spend eternity with me. So while we aren't placing membership or anything, we are excited to see where God might be steering us. We are still praying about it and seeking His plan, but feel a pull there. It's a HUGE church which I am not used to and it's Assembly of God which I am VERY not used too. But I'm asking God to direct me and not trying to direct myself. :) We are excited about what God might be doing and where HE might place us. Please keep us in your prayers as we consider each church and pray that my family will find a home church. :)
So that's what's new. Oh and my son is about to turn 2....where did the time go. I love him SO much and I'm greatful he's growing but I miss that little helpless baby. :)
That's all!! :) Moving into a new weight (yippee) and maybe a new church! God is good!! :)
Comments