God chose ME!
So, Saturday night I decided to be spontaneous (not very good at it) and pick up a movie of my choice from the red $1 movie rental place. I had heard that "Letters to God" was really good and I thought, hey, this is a positive, uplifting movie for Andy and I to watch. Let's do it...even though I had never heard what the plot was about. So I brought it home with a bottle of wine (that we didn't drink) and we decided to put it in.
First let me say that the movie was LAME! It's a Christian movie and I'm not sure why Christian movies have to be so lame. The acting was poor, the plot was good but didn't flow well, it was just very predictable, lame movie. It's about a 10 year old boy who has a rare form of brain cancer. He decides to write letters to God and puts them in his mailbox. So the mailman ends up reading them and gets touched by this young man and his reliance upon God. It ends *SPOILTER ALERT* with the little boy dying.... It was a heart warming story of a child's faith and acceptance of a Mother that this was God's plan for her all along.
So I'm watching this movie thinking... I really need that glass of wine because this is so lame, and yet also thinking.. I know this kid is going to die so don't cry. :) But when the time comes for this child to die the mother in the story breaks down (poor acting by the way) and says she can't do it. She can't let her son go, why would God allow this to happen, why would God give her this to bear. And the Grandmother turns to her and says, "God chose you to be (the kid)'s Mother. No one else but you is designed to handle this or could do it better. God chose you for this." And it struck me how correct that Grandmother is.
There are days when my 2 year old is acting...well like a 2 year old should act. He's throwing fits, saying "no" to everything, flinging his arms and legs, and not eating hardly anything. These days I feel like the worse mother in the world. So insecure of who I am as a mom, wondering if I'm doing the right thing, and questioning everything I say. I try NOT to get frustrated at the situation or get overwhelmed. And more often then I would like to admitt I end up feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, and ready to sell my 2 year old to the highest bidder. :) But when these moments come I will now have a new insight to keep me calm and relaxed and thankful. God chose ME to be Maddux's mom!!! Not a wonderwoman Mom, not a Mom whose house is spotless even most of the time, not an artist mom, not a quiet mom, not a perfectly dressed Mom, God chose me!!!!!! Me who would prefer to stay home then go out, who would rather wear jammies and no bra all day, whose house is NEVER spotless, who is hardly quiet and who sometimes looses my cool. God knew me and only me would be the best person to raise my son. God knew my weaknesses and still chose me! What an awesome reminder that although I may feel like a failure I am exactly where I'm suppose to be. God chose this role for me, and only me.
So today when Maddux throws a fit, says "no" to everything and wont eat, I'm going to remind that I'm the perfect person to handle this. I was meant to be Maddux's Mom. What an awesome gift God has intrusted to me! So if you struggle like I do just remember...you are the perfect Mom for your kiddos. No one, not even Martha Stewart or Kelly Ripka could be a better Mom to your kiddos than you! You were made for this job, and you never have to do it alone!!! If God created us to do this job than that means He hasn't left alone to do it. :) Thank GOD!
So today I'm just remembering, God chose me to be Maddux's Mom!
First let me say that the movie was LAME! It's a Christian movie and I'm not sure why Christian movies have to be so lame. The acting was poor, the plot was good but didn't flow well, it was just very predictable, lame movie. It's about a 10 year old boy who has a rare form of brain cancer. He decides to write letters to God and puts them in his mailbox. So the mailman ends up reading them and gets touched by this young man and his reliance upon God. It ends *SPOILTER ALERT* with the little boy dying.... It was a heart warming story of a child's faith and acceptance of a Mother that this was God's plan for her all along.
So I'm watching this movie thinking... I really need that glass of wine because this is so lame, and yet also thinking.. I know this kid is going to die so don't cry. :) But when the time comes for this child to die the mother in the story breaks down (poor acting by the way) and says she can't do it. She can't let her son go, why would God allow this to happen, why would God give her this to bear. And the Grandmother turns to her and says, "God chose you to be (the kid)'s Mother. No one else but you is designed to handle this or could do it better. God chose you for this." And it struck me how correct that Grandmother is.
There are days when my 2 year old is acting...well like a 2 year old should act. He's throwing fits, saying "no" to everything, flinging his arms and legs, and not eating hardly anything. These days I feel like the worse mother in the world. So insecure of who I am as a mom, wondering if I'm doing the right thing, and questioning everything I say. I try NOT to get frustrated at the situation or get overwhelmed. And more often then I would like to admitt I end up feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, and ready to sell my 2 year old to the highest bidder. :) But when these moments come I will now have a new insight to keep me calm and relaxed and thankful. God chose ME to be Maddux's mom!!! Not a wonderwoman Mom, not a Mom whose house is spotless even most of the time, not an artist mom, not a quiet mom, not a perfectly dressed Mom, God chose me!!!!!! Me who would prefer to stay home then go out, who would rather wear jammies and no bra all day, whose house is NEVER spotless, who is hardly quiet and who sometimes looses my cool. God knew me and only me would be the best person to raise my son. God knew my weaknesses and still chose me! What an awesome reminder that although I may feel like a failure I am exactly where I'm suppose to be. God chose this role for me, and only me.
So today when Maddux throws a fit, says "no" to everything and wont eat, I'm going to remind that I'm the perfect person to handle this. I was meant to be Maddux's Mom. What an awesome gift God has intrusted to me! So if you struggle like I do just remember...you are the perfect Mom for your kiddos. No one, not even Martha Stewart or Kelly Ripka could be a better Mom to your kiddos than you! You were made for this job, and you never have to do it alone!!! If God created us to do this job than that means He hasn't left alone to do it. :) Thank GOD!
So today I'm just remembering, God chose me to be Maddux's Mom!
Comments