Our Church and other exciting things
We have been attending James River Assembly for almost 6 months now and I can hardly believe it, for many reasons. First I NEVER EVER thought I would attend this huge church that is AG. I was raised in a pretty conservative small church. It was a wonderful church, full of amazing people I love and adore, but we had very few in our youth group and to be honest I never felt challenged to grow in my walk with Christ. Throughout our marriage Andy and I have attended 4 churches, placing membership in 1, but never felt challenged in our walks or in our relationships....something was always missing although at the time I never realized it. When we felt our old church was not where we wanted to be, and we had a almost 2 year old at that time, we were struggling to find the right place for our family. I wanted some place that Maddux would go to church with people he eventually went to school with. I always wanted this but never had it growing up and I wanted him to always be surrounded by people who would hopefully keep him accountable. I also wanted a place where I could serve, eventually, and of course we wanted awesome relationships and a dynamic preacher... too much to ask for?? :) Some friends of ours invited us to James River but I immediately declined... I KNEW that was NOT the place for my family.... oh me of little faith... :) God got ahold of our friends and they kept asking us to come so eventually we decided to go, just to say we did it... I remember driving up to the church and looking at Andy and saying, "this is not the place for us"....... Oh my God has a sense of humor. The moment we walked into the church we felt a peace wash over us both. Maddux did AMAZING in the sunday school class and we were touched by what the preacher had to say. As we drove away we both looked at each other and laughed and said, "I think we are suppose to be here".
So our journey has been leading us here all along. We found a life group that we are involved with and LOVE! I am building relationships with other women that I didn't think was possible and I was even asked to teach at their preschool. Today was our vision Sunday and I was so moved by where God is leading the church and in turn my family!!! :) For the first time in my life I want to know more about God. I want to know his character, EVERYTHING! I want to grow, expand my vision of what He wants for my life and for my family, for my finances, for my gifts, everything!! I finally have a hunger for God, which has been lacking in my life for a LONG LONG time!!!!!!!!! While all our transitions were hard they were necessary to bring us here, and God knew that, and that's why He took us through it. I am so in awe that God cares So much about me!!!
Now for the other exciting things... Maddux is almost potty-trained!! :) WHOO-HOO!!!!!!! Andy decided one weekend to put him in underwear and see if he could stay dry, except for naps and night time, and guess what? He actually stayed dry...all weekend. We've had a few accidents but over all he is in "big boy" underwear all the time now!!! :) I am AMAZED how easy he was to potty-train and blessed at the same time!!! I prayed when I was pregnant that I could have a baby who was kind, compassionate, friendly, obedient, smart like his Daddy, funny and cute and God answered each one of my prayers!!!
So our journey has been leading us here all along. We found a life group that we are involved with and LOVE! I am building relationships with other women that I didn't think was possible and I was even asked to teach at their preschool. Today was our vision Sunday and I was so moved by where God is leading the church and in turn my family!!! :) For the first time in my life I want to know more about God. I want to know his character, EVERYTHING! I want to grow, expand my vision of what He wants for my life and for my family, for my finances, for my gifts, everything!! I finally have a hunger for God, which has been lacking in my life for a LONG LONG time!!!!!!!!! While all our transitions were hard they were necessary to bring us here, and God knew that, and that's why He took us through it. I am so in awe that God cares So much about me!!!
Now for the other exciting things... Maddux is almost potty-trained!! :) WHOO-HOO!!!!!!! Andy decided one weekend to put him in underwear and see if he could stay dry, except for naps and night time, and guess what? He actually stayed dry...all weekend. We've had a few accidents but over all he is in "big boy" underwear all the time now!!! :) I am AMAZED how easy he was to potty-train and blessed at the same time!!! I prayed when I was pregnant that I could have a baby who was kind, compassionate, friendly, obedient, smart like his Daddy, funny and cute and God answered each one of my prayers!!!
Comments