Goals
Well it's official... I am training for my first half marathon.
Many may not see this as exciting but to this former fat girl it TOTALLY is.
I have always dreamed of running a marathon but I was too fat to do it. I allowed life, lack of control, and self loathing to strip me of my dreams as I gained weight. Over 9 years of marriage I gained almost 100lbs of weight... I hate even writing that but in order to progress I need to admit where I've come. Now almost 80lbs lighter I am FINALLY finding my worth, my drive and my passions again!! THANK GOD!
One of those dreams was to run a marathon. Now let me be the first to say that while in High School and College I enjoyed running. I was very active and when I needed to blow off steam I ran, and ran long distances. Since then I have lost that ability to run distance. Sure I could run but run a long way I couldn't. Part of that was the weight and part of that was just a lost of desire to handle my stress that way. Instead I turned to food and thus the weight gain. Now I will be the first to admit I haven't figured all my issues out, far from that, but I am rediscovering my ability to run and I am SOOO happy about that. It's like finding a piece of myself that I thought I had lost. Saying "hello" to a good friend after 9 years of not talking. It feels SOOOO good. Tonight I ran 2 miles straight without walking. While that might seem like a small task for the average person, to this former fat girl, it meant the world. For the first time since deciding to do this half marathon I feel like I might be able to finish the race. I might be strong enough, brave enough, special enough to move past my former fat self, my self loathing and actually accomplish something few of my friends have done! While I know that the training is only going to get harder from here I am encouraged, no I am freakin' ELATED that I ran 2 miles and hope to run 5 miles straight in 2 weeks. From them on, it's farther and farther until this former fat girl is no longer fat and is healthy and FINALLY back to that girl that died about 9 years ago. Many get disgusted with me posting my workouts and what I've accomplished on facebook. They don't want to "bothered" by my exercise routine, but I post it because I'm proud!! I'm proud to be doing this! I'm proud to be rediscovering the girl that once was. I say to those who criticize.... you might want to delete me from your facebook account because from here on out, I'm going to be posting every major goal and milestone I hit!!! I WILL be that runner again, I WILL hit my goals, and someday perhaps not in the far future I WILL be a marathon runner!!! :o)
Many may not see this as exciting but to this former fat girl it TOTALLY is.
I have always dreamed of running a marathon but I was too fat to do it. I allowed life, lack of control, and self loathing to strip me of my dreams as I gained weight. Over 9 years of marriage I gained almost 100lbs of weight... I hate even writing that but in order to progress I need to admit where I've come. Now almost 80lbs lighter I am FINALLY finding my worth, my drive and my passions again!! THANK GOD!
One of those dreams was to run a marathon. Now let me be the first to say that while in High School and College I enjoyed running. I was very active and when I needed to blow off steam I ran, and ran long distances. Since then I have lost that ability to run distance. Sure I could run but run a long way I couldn't. Part of that was the weight and part of that was just a lost of desire to handle my stress that way. Instead I turned to food and thus the weight gain. Now I will be the first to admit I haven't figured all my issues out, far from that, but I am rediscovering my ability to run and I am SOOO happy about that. It's like finding a piece of myself that I thought I had lost. Saying "hello" to a good friend after 9 years of not talking. It feels SOOOO good. Tonight I ran 2 miles straight without walking. While that might seem like a small task for the average person, to this former fat girl, it meant the world. For the first time since deciding to do this half marathon I feel like I might be able to finish the race. I might be strong enough, brave enough, special enough to move past my former fat self, my self loathing and actually accomplish something few of my friends have done! While I know that the training is only going to get harder from here I am encouraged, no I am freakin' ELATED that I ran 2 miles and hope to run 5 miles straight in 2 weeks. From them on, it's farther and farther until this former fat girl is no longer fat and is healthy and FINALLY back to that girl that died about 9 years ago. Many get disgusted with me posting my workouts and what I've accomplished on facebook. They don't want to "bothered" by my exercise routine, but I post it because I'm proud!! I'm proud to be doing this! I'm proud to be rediscovering the girl that once was. I say to those who criticize.... you might want to delete me from your facebook account because from here on out, I'm going to be posting every major goal and milestone I hit!!! I WILL be that runner again, I WILL hit my goals, and someday perhaps not in the far future I WILL be a marathon runner!!! :o)
Comments