Maddux turns 3
How can my "baby" be 3 already?? Doesn't seem possible that 3 years has come and gone since I've held that not so tiny newborn in my arms.
My sister does something where she writes her kids a note on their birthdays and I love that idea. So I'm stealing it... :o) Maddux here is your note.
My beautiful boy, Oh how I wish the words I love you were enough to express just how deeply in love with you I am. I look at your beautiful eyes, your crooked ear, your little belly and I can't help but smile. You are absolute perfection!!! I feel beyond honored to be your Mommy!!!
You are 3, and what a 3 year old you are. Your starting to become very independent, "I do myself" is one of your favorite lines. Along with "I big boy now" as a way to do something dangerous or break a rule. :o) It makes me laugh when I think of it. Even though your independent your kind and compassionate. Mommy had her feelings hurt and was crying and you came and offered me your blankie and climbed up in my lap and kissed me. When your cousins cry you are very worried about them because they are crying. I love that tender part of you. Tonight Daddy was at a meeting and we were snuggling in Mommy and Daddy's bed watching "Dora" and you just snuggled your head in next to mine. I love that. You also still want to be rocked at nap time and bedtime and sang to. I LOVE that!! I think that might be why you aren't sleeping at preschool. Your funny and you don't know a stranger. Your heart is pure and wide open.... I hope you never lose that! After family pictures last week we went to Ryan's steakhouse and you saw a lady in a wheelchair. You kept watching her and I watched you watch her and finally you turned to me, pointed to her and said, "Mommy, that lady beautiful." Oh how my heart melted. I hope you never lose sight of the true beauty in people. May you always be able to look past the differences and see the beauty in those differences.
You love to explore and to find how things work, that is your Daddy in you!! Your favorite thing to do with your Mze these days in go on adventures or watch him fix his motorcycle. :o) I love that!! Your favorite shows at the moment are: Dino Dan, Chugginton, Word World and Curious George. You also love to watch Secretariat run on the movie "Secretariat". Makes me laugh to see you so excited to see him run and win over and over again.
You started school the week before your birthday and you had no fear. I hope you keep that! Never fear the unknown. Life is about the unknown and if you fear it you will never live. I want you to live! I want you to live well, to be honest, kind, compassionate, hopefully, prayerful, obedient, driven, accomplished, modest, and tender hearted. You are a gift from God to your Daddy and I. We are beyond grateful that He saw us fit to be your parents. I will fail you a lot in my life, I have already, but I hope you will learn grace, honesty, kindness, compassion, being a servant, and how to be strong from me. I hope no matter what comes this next year that you will never doubt how much I love you or how proud of you I am. NOTHING you do will ever take that away!!!
Happy Birthday my gorgeous 3 year old. Thank you for loving me, imperfections and all!!! I hope 3 is a year of growing, maturing and having fun memories!!!!
My sister does something where she writes her kids a note on their birthdays and I love that idea. So I'm stealing it... :o) Maddux here is your note.
My beautiful boy, Oh how I wish the words I love you were enough to express just how deeply in love with you I am. I look at your beautiful eyes, your crooked ear, your little belly and I can't help but smile. You are absolute perfection!!! I feel beyond honored to be your Mommy!!!
You are 3, and what a 3 year old you are. Your starting to become very independent, "I do myself" is one of your favorite lines. Along with "I big boy now" as a way to do something dangerous or break a rule. :o) It makes me laugh when I think of it. Even though your independent your kind and compassionate. Mommy had her feelings hurt and was crying and you came and offered me your blankie and climbed up in my lap and kissed me. When your cousins cry you are very worried about them because they are crying. I love that tender part of you. Tonight Daddy was at a meeting and we were snuggling in Mommy and Daddy's bed watching "Dora" and you just snuggled your head in next to mine. I love that. You also still want to be rocked at nap time and bedtime and sang to. I LOVE that!! I think that might be why you aren't sleeping at preschool. Your funny and you don't know a stranger. Your heart is pure and wide open.... I hope you never lose that! After family pictures last week we went to Ryan's steakhouse and you saw a lady in a wheelchair. You kept watching her and I watched you watch her and finally you turned to me, pointed to her and said, "Mommy, that lady beautiful." Oh how my heart melted. I hope you never lose sight of the true beauty in people. May you always be able to look past the differences and see the beauty in those differences.
You love to explore and to find how things work, that is your Daddy in you!! Your favorite thing to do with your Mze these days in go on adventures or watch him fix his motorcycle. :o) I love that!! Your favorite shows at the moment are: Dino Dan, Chugginton, Word World and Curious George. You also love to watch Secretariat run on the movie "Secretariat". Makes me laugh to see you so excited to see him run and win over and over again.
You started school the week before your birthday and you had no fear. I hope you keep that! Never fear the unknown. Life is about the unknown and if you fear it you will never live. I want you to live! I want you to live well, to be honest, kind, compassionate, hopefully, prayerful, obedient, driven, accomplished, modest, and tender hearted. You are a gift from God to your Daddy and I. We are beyond grateful that He saw us fit to be your parents. I will fail you a lot in my life, I have already, but I hope you will learn grace, honesty, kindness, compassion, being a servant, and how to be strong from me. I hope no matter what comes this next year that you will never doubt how much I love you or how proud of you I am. NOTHING you do will ever take that away!!!
Happy Birthday my gorgeous 3 year old. Thank you for loving me, imperfections and all!!! I hope 3 is a year of growing, maturing and having fun memories!!!!
Comments